When sending email, the signature at the bottom of your message is an effective way of promoting your company’s brand. You can include things such as timely messages or promotions, your contact information and even your logo. These elements add a personal touch to your email communications. Customizing your auto signature is also a great way to provide consistency for your company’s look and feel for all employees.
To set up your signature in Outlook 2016, follow these simple steps.
- Launch Outlook 2016 then select File > Options.
- Select the Mail tab and then Signatures.
- Select New and type in a name for the signature you’re creating. Click OK.
- Enter the information you would like to include with your email signature. (If desired, apply formatting, or insert links and images.) Click OK.
Each time you compose a new email or reply, it will automatically add this signature.
Create additional signatures.
You may create different signatures, for example, if you want to send an internal or an external message. To create additional signatures:
- Follow steps 1 through 4 above.
- Be sure to select the signature name you want as your default signature for new messages. Then from the Choose Default Signature section, select your preferred default signature name in the drop-down list.
Now try your signature!
- Create a new email message. Your default signature will appear in the body of the email.
- To swap it out for another email signature (for this email only) select the Signatures button on your toolbar and select the signature you want to use.
For more useful tips on using Outlook 2016, visit our website to purchase a quick reference guide at http://www.beezix.com/Products/Microsoft-Office-2016-Quick-Reference-Cards/Outlook-2016-Mail-Calendar-People-Tasks-Notes-Quick-Reference